Lumber Mill Services
Have your own wood? Read on to learn more about what we can do for you.
Before you bring your log to our shop, give us a call with your desired dimensions for the cuts and the overall plan for your wood so we can properly guide you to the end product you want.
Your log will be cut on one of two of our saws depending on the diameter of the tree. See the below specifications and rates we charge for our Custom Milling Services.
(1) Log Master Sawmill and Resaw Service for Logs ≤ 28" in Diameter
Sawmill Rate $125.00 per Hour (min $100.00)
$100.00 extra charge if we hit foreign objects in log for each occurrence.
(2) Wood-Mizer WM1000 Sawmill Service for Logs between 28″ - 54" in Diameter
Sawmill Rate $295.00 per Hour (min $200.00)
$150.00 extra charge if we hit foreign objects in log for each occurrence.
There are five main reasons why it is important to have your wood properly dried before you start creating your project:
(1) Kiln-Drying shrinks the wood.
(2) Kiln-Drying makes the wood lighter in weight.
(3) Wood that has been properly dried is stiffer than wet wood.
(4) Kiln-Drying the wood also kills any insects, insect larvae, and/or fungi that are inhabiting the tree.
(5) Dried wood is able to accept and hold a finish.
We have three lumber kilns (the largest holding 14,000 board feet), and we charge a flat rate of:
$1.75 per Board Foot
Your wood will remain in the kiln for approximately ten weeks. Call as soon as possible to have your pieces dried since there is usually a wait-list to get your wood into the kiln.
Bring your wood slabs to have them planed flat and free of any warps so your piece can be level and ready to work with. We can plane pieces up to 4' (W) x 18' (L).
We charge a flat rate of:
$5.00 per Square Foot